1) All applicable AMA and FCC regulations governing the pilot, his aircraft and equipment, and his conduct while on the field will be enforced. Consideration for the safety of spectators, fun fly personnel, and other flyers is of the utmost importance. Any hazardous flying over a controlled spectator area will be cause for immediate grounding.
2) This event is a family-style Fun Fly, with the emphasis on safe fun flying and camaraderie. There will be ample open flying opportunities for all registered pilots. This is not a contest.
3) This Fly-In is AMA sanctioned. You must show a valid AMA license when you check in at the flying site. If you are not currently an AMA member, new AMA membership applications will be available at the site.
4) Each registered pilot may bring and fly as many different R/C model airplanes as he wishes, as long as each model meets all pertinent AMA guidelines. Maximum engine size is 6.0 cu.in. Maximum weight with fuel is 55 pounds.
5) All AMA legal frequencies will be allowed at this Fly-In. This includes the use of all 50 channels (both odd and even numbers) in the entire 72 mhz. and 2.4 ghz. band. In over 40 years of R/C activity, there have been no known frequency issues at SIG FIELD.
6) All transmitters and receivers must meet narrow-band standards. As part of the registration form, the pilot will sign a statement indicating that his radio equipment meets the guidelines for narrow-band operation.
7) Safety first! Each contestant is required to have a spotter/pitman with him at all times while on the flight line.
8) The SIG Field is located 1-1/2 miles south of Montezuma, Iowa on U.S. 63. Montezuma is located 8 miles south of Exit 191 off Interstate 80. It is approximately 60 miles east of Des Moines and 110 miles west of Davenport. The address is 5119 Highway 63.
SIG Field Latitude: 41.54984 N Longitude: -92.53518 W
9) Pre-registration is encouraged. You may obtain an official entry form from:
EVENTS FOR THE 2019 SIG R/C FLY-IN
FLY ANYTHING - DETAILS AT THE FIELD.
SUPER TURF TAG:
This is an airborne version of musical chairs and will be flown in rounds. Up to 6 contestants get airborne and orbit away from field. At the sound of the horn they must do a touch and GO. Last man down and any that can't go are eliminated. Continue until only one man left. Winner of the heat advances to next round.
Five Card Draw Game to encourage airtime for all flyers and make a better show for spectators. Rules will be made available at the SIG Field.
SATURDAY NIGHT SLOW-FLY: For all electric park and slow flyers
From 7:00 P.M. until dark is reserved for slow flying only. Bring your park and slow fliers and enjoy an evening of silence.
Name: ____________________________________ AMA #: ____________________
Address: ___________________________________ Email: ______________________
City: ____________________________ State: _________ Zip: __________________
Please list below all of the models you will be flying.
____ $15.00 ENTRY FEE ENCLOSED
____ I PLAN TO FLY IN THE INTERCEPT MISSION EVENT
______ I PLAN TO FLY IN THE TURF TAG EVENT
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM.
I hereby attest that all of my flying activities at this contest site, either during or after official flying hours, will be in complete compliance with the OFFICIAL AMA SAFETY CODE and all other pertinent AMA REGULATIONS. Furthermore, all of the R/C equipment that I will be using, both transmitters and receivers, meet RCMA-AMA guidelines. I hereby release the individuals and corporations involved in the sponsorship and management of this contest from any and all claims, damages, loss, or injury resulting from my participation in this contest.
SIGNATURE __________________________________- DATE _________________
Mail completed form to: SIG MFG. CO., INC. • RC Fly-In • P.O. Box 520 • Montezuma, IA 50171
Montezuma, Iowa is conveniently located off Interstate 80 at Exit 191. It is approximately 60 miles east of Des Moines and 110 miles west of Davenport. Take Exit 191, and turn south on U.S. 63. Montezuma is eight miles south of the interstate. SIG Field is located 1-1/2 miles south of downtown Montezuma on U.S. 63 and the address is 5119 Highway 63.
Latitude: 41.54984 N
Longitude: -92.53518 W
LOCAL AREA SERVICES
Cozy Country Inn, Montezuma (641) 623-5505
Rustic Pine Lodging, Montezuma (641) 623-0675
Best Western, Grinnell (641) 236-6116
Comfort Inn, Grinnell (641) 236-5236
Country Inn, Grinnell (641) 236-9600
Days Inn, Grinnell (641) 236-6710
Super 8, Grinnell (641) 236-7888
Best Value Inn, Oskaloosa (641) 673-8351
Budget Inn, Oskaloosa (641) 673-8333
Comfort Inn, Oskaloosa (641) 672-0375
Red Carpet Inn, Oskaloosa (641) 673-8641
Super 8, Oskaloosa (641) 673-8481
SIG Air Field - Free; No Hookups
Diamond Lake Park, Montezuma
Lake Keomah, Oskaloosa
BED & BREAKFAST
Carriage House, Grinnell (641) 236-7520
McNeill Stone Mansion, Oskaloosa (641) 673-4348
Marsh House, Grinnell (641) 236-0132
Mahaska County Hospital, Oskaloosa
Grinnell General Hospital, Grinnell
Jumping Jimmy’s (Lake Ponderosa)
Just A Small Town Grill
Sauce’d Pizza & Pub
A & M Café
Back Alley Deli
La Casa de Poncho
Montgomery Sandwich Shop
Peppertree at Depot Crossing
West Side Family Dining
Big Ed’s BBQ
Ching Dow Chinese
Oskaloosa Family Restaurant
Smokey Row Coffee House
Tasos’ Steak House
In Both Grinnell & Oskaloosa
Kentucky Fried Chicken
In New Sharon
The Pour House
Truck Stops on I-80
Country Pride at Exit 197
Kum & Go, I-80 at Exit 182
Kwik Star, I-80 at Exit 201
Pilot, I-80 at Exit 20